1. Have completed a trust induction and departmental induction( if you are in a new hospital)
2. Meet with you ES/College tutor within the 1st 2 weeks of your rotation, a mid term appraisal and pre ARCP appraisal. It is your responsibility to arrange this. Upload evidence of this on your portfolio.
3. Discuss your PDP (objective setting)-
4. Select an audit project/QIP
5. Keep a track of all CPD and write a reflection- College CPD diary can be used for this.
6. Start populating your portfolio with your curriculum requirements as early as possible- space out the CBDs to do 2 a month and write a good reflection in spaces available.
7. Keep a record of your surgical log and complications- Continuous Cataract Complications Audit
8. Use the RSTA forms to populate your achievements (form to follow)
9. Start your MSF in January 2018.
10. Populate a CSR for each Clinical supervisor (with comments in > 50% of domains) for each 6 month period- due Jan 2018 and May 2018
11. ESR populated in January and May and signed off.
12. Report critical incidents or an adverse events and write a reflection.
13. EPA in year 6 and 7 at least 2.
14. GMC survey and EPEF to be completed when sent.
Please see the ARCP requirements attached so that you are well prepared for ARCP in 2018 for which the following dates have been decided. Those needing an interim ARCP will be informed of the date. The following dates have been agreed with the deanery.
1. Date for portfolio’s to be complete 1st June 2018.
2. Week for virtual assessments by STC- 2nd June -8th June 2018
3. RA and TPD to review virtual results and invite for interview 15th June 2018
4. Date of interviews for ARCP 29th June 2018.